the boll weevil says hello
I'm still in Enterprise, taking an unscheduled rest day. One thing I didn't mention in yesterday's post, I had a bad experience last night at dinner. I felt fine when I checked into the hotel. Tired, but fine. But when I went across the street to get dinner at Subway, I got light-headed, blacked out, and fell on the floor. I awoke to find myself laying on the floor in the middle of Subway, still clutching my sandwich and now-spilled juice cup, with all the Subway employees huddled around me. "Dude, you ok?!" They were on the verge of calling 911, but I talked them out of it. I found this whole experience very strange because my effort yesterday wasn't any longer or more intense than all the other days. I think it may be my body's way of telling me "Dude. Enough. Take a break." Once I felt better, I ate the sandwich and went to bed, thinking I'd feel better this morning. But when I got up this morning, I still felt bad. Queasy stomach. When I couldn't force down any breakfast, I decided I had no business riding a bike today. Something weird is going on, I'm starting to think I may be fighting a bit of a stomach bug, too. I'm feeling better now, so I'm optimistic I'll be good to go again tomorrow. It's a shame my unscheduled rest day didn't land at the beach.


7 Comments:
Hey take it easy for a while, get some rest man!
Are you going to be in Atlanta in June? Holly and I are planning a trip down sometime around June.
Bryan -- This is your mother talking. Take it easy. You don't have to do 100+ miles every single day. Keep drinking lots of water.
It does sound like you picked up a bug or got some bad food. Hope you are feeling better.
See you soon.
Mom
Man, I feel for you. Just got over one of those 24-hour flu stints. At least I didn't have to ride my bike a hundred miles that day!
The states sure are getting smaller now it looks like...
Mike J.
Hope you are feeling better in the am Friday. Say hello to Athens for me when you are there Sunday. Athens and the UGA campus are beautiful in the spring. See you in Augusta with Chocolate Chip cookies.
Bry - Rest and enjoy the constant sound of helicopters buzzing.
around.
Stay off the peanuts.
Bryan,
You are your father's son and your Aunt Sandy's nephew for sure. It looks like you got the fainting gene. I did it just last week in the doctor's office. Rest, take care, and safe journey home.
Love,
Aunt Sandy
Bry,
Sorry you feel bad! Rest up, and don't push too hard!
Trish and Chris
Post a Comment
<< Home