natchitoches, la
I made it to natchitoches. Say that 3 times fast. Cool little town. This is where my mom and jeannie went to college. I found the cool downtown area with a waterfront, red brick streets, new orleans architecture, pubs and restaurants. I feel like i'm in the french quarter. This is the oldest town in louisiana. And nacogdoches, tx, which i rode through yesterday, is the oldest town in texas. Now there's some trivia for you.


8 Comments:
Go Demons! Doesn't sound nearly as exciting as War Eagle. We were the purple Demons. Now you know why I adopted Auburn. Besides, AU had a better football team and fond memories, Dad in school and your birthplace.
Say hi to Grandmommy and all the Skerretts tomorrow. Wish you could bring me some crawfish.
hey bry, check this out...reading your blog inspired me to ride to work today. EIGHT miles...and that's just one way. mannnn, wish i was ridin with you. seriously.
shawn
Yeah! I too have been riding to work. -just ordered a bunch of parts for my ol' Cannondale. I wish we had some good trails that weren't 1-2 away! See you tonight?!?!?
Bryan,
Been reading with interest. Sounds like it has been a great trip. Can't wait to hear your impressions in Mississippi and Alabama. Are you passing thru Meridian and Demopolis (my hometowns)?
War Eagle!
Brint
Bryan,
You forgot to say that we lived in Natchitoches for a year while Harold and I taught at Northwestern. I liked that little town, too. It is amazing how many places you have visited that are connected to all of us. Stay safe, have good weather. You're getting closer to home.
Love,
Aunt Sandy
Hi Bry! O Lord, now you are getting close to where some of my relatives are. Where can I find a list of the route you plan to take?
I am so glad you did this blog. I read all the comments about riding to work. I have actually entertained the thought, but the 48 mile round trip (more on the days that I tutor) just won't allow it...not enough hours in the day. I am riding about 12 every morning though- OK it is on the stationary in the garage...yep definitely not all cool as this trip...at least I can read your blog. I LOVE IT!!!
Victoria
Hi Aunt Sandy!
I didn't know you and Harold taught at Northwestern. Or maybe I did, but forgot... That's wild. Was that before or after Little Rock? Was Mom in your class?
-Bry
Hi Brint!
Thanks for reading! Sorry, not going throug Meridian and Demopolis on this trip. From here in Lafayette, I'm going east to Mobile, then I'll swing northeast to go through Auburn en route to Atlanta, then Athens, Augusta, and Charleston.
-Bry
Post a Comment
<< Home