enterprise, al
Made it to enterprise. Gorgeous day for riding today, but I'm thoroughly exhausted. First time to feel bad at the end of a stage, actually. Either i bonked, or all these miles are starting to catch up to me. I'm going to get lots of sleep and eat more tomorrow.
I got a late start out of ft walton. I didn't want to leave. As i rode over the destin bridge, it was so beautiful i just pulled over on the side of the bridge and spent half an hour watching the water and the boats cruising through destin pass, in and out of destin harbor. Then 4 F-16s took off from eglin afb. So cool. Looking back on it, man, that was one cool job. Everyday is an airshow at eglin.
As i got close to enterprise, i had another typical conversation with a lady in a convenience store. I pulled in to ask whether there are any hotels in enterprise. She said yes and asked, "are you going to ride there on that bike?" "yeah." she freaked out because enterprise is 22 miles up the road. I didn't have the heart to tell her i'd already done 91. When you go on a trip like this, you get conversations like that all the time. Pretty cool.


4 Comments:
In Daleville is the Green House Inn. I spent a few weeks there while building a Fire Station on Carines Airfield at Ft. Rucker. If you get into trouble my old supt. "Big Boy" could help you out, he's connected. The ACE hardware store there sells more products for deer hunting than anything else and has rocking chairs on the pourch that are constantly in use.
Your right, they probably wouldn't understand your trip.
Hey Bry,
My Dad is from Elba. Close by where you are. :) But I don't think Elba has any hotels.
Keep it up! We'll see you soon.
Lee
Hi, Bry.
I see you've made it to the Gulf in FL and are now back in AL. Will you make it to Tuscaloosa before heading to GA? It's hard to believe you were here in CA less than two months ago. Great going! I'll look for photos of the Atlantic soon.
Cousin Bill in Canyon Country, CA
Bryan,
Please get a picture of the boll weevil monument in the Enterprise town square. It is another one-of-a-kind.
Post a Comment
<< Home