Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mt. Vernon, AL

I made it to Steve Worth's place in Mt. Vernon, just north of Mobile.  Steve says hi! 
 
A sort of homecoming.  My homestate, Sweet Home Alabama.  Well turn it up!  After spending so much time in the deserts of Arizona and Texas, which felt like a million miles away, it's hard to believe now I'm in Alabama, which feels like home. 
 
I had a pleasant cruise across Mississippi today.  Rural Mississippi looks a lot like rural Georgia.  When I first crossed into Mississippi, I immediately saw a confererate flag, and got worried.  I thought, "Uh oh, here we go.  welcome back to the South..."  But fortunately, it turned out to be the only one I saw.  I will probably see more in Alabama and Georgia.
 
 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Bryan - I don't know if you backup on reading any comments, so I'm letting you know I wrote one re: Clinton, La. The story behind everything is pretty ironic.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bryan - Sweet Home Alabama all right. I bet you notice differences between Mt. Vernon and Huntsville. All that beach sand 50 miles from the coast. Did you notice that the swamp just to the East is bigger than the Atchafalaya? You may have to visit Demopolis just to get around it!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are on the home stretch now.
Keep those wheels turning and we'll see you in a week.

Stay safe

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home