Sunday, April 02, 2006

jackson, la

Friday, march 31st.
Made it to jackson. No cell service here, so you'll read this tomorrow. I actually made it further than jackson, but today's the day i arrived at my target destination (clinton) with perfect timing, only to discover that town has no hotel. So i had to backtrack 13 miles to jackson to find a hotel. That sucked. But the good news is that this hotel (the only one in jackson) is really nice. Turns out it's actually a b&b, and right now i'm chilling out on the balcony with a 6-pack, listening to the blues on my ipod with portable speakers. Life is good. Aside from the mystery of where i would sleep tonight, today was a good day. I saw lots of antebellum homes and plantations. They looked nice. Also, today was the day i crossed the mississippi river. On the st. Francisville ferry. Now that was cool. If you cross the river from east to west, it costs a dollar. But if you cross from west to east, then it's free. Sweet. I'm going the right direction.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clinton is where I used to fgo to church camp several times a year. We stayed in a huge antebellum building that used to be a girl's college many years ago. Many fond memories of Clinton.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, Clinton (better known to us as Silliman)...the Presbyterian camp your mom spoke of, is where the Skerrett's got to know & become lifelong friends of the Parker family....Dr.Walker's (Ryan's) mom. Then Jody, his mom, came to Natchitoches to college, where I was. Then I introduced Jody to Ryan's Dad, Ronny. The rest is history....So if it weren't for Silliman in Clinton, La., I would not be working where I am, today. Funny how things turn out!, Isn't it. Enjoy your ride homw.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home