Thursday, April 13, 2006

isle of palms, charleston, sc

I made it! The atlantic ocean. Coast-to-coast, baby. Feels great. Once i got within 1k of the beach, technically it was official. But i went ahead and took it all the way to the water just to make it complete.

Not sure whether i found any answers out there, but i sure am glad i did it.

Check back in a couple days for some final thoughts, stats, pics, and a top ten list.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bryan! You really did it! That's awesome. I'm sure you found some answers, maybe even some new questions. You have plenty of time to figure it out. Just enjoy the journey.

Kristie

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! I now know someone who peddled from coast to coast.... That's so amazing. Never doubted that you could do it. I just think it is so great that you imagined it, then set up such a high goal for yourself, and then did it!! I'm so proud of you, Bryan. I've always told my kids to make memories, and you certainly have done that. Now enjoy them.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bryan,

Congrats on making it!! I give you a lot of credit for
#1 having the spirit of adventure to undertake the journey & #2 completing it!!! It's supposed to stop raining here in California next week so maybe you should fly out and you can do it again:)

I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Ron

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Bryan!

It was great seeing you,and following your tour via the blog.

You're an inspiration :)

Denny

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo - Like I said at Felini's ... congratulations!

Our group rides will be so short in comparison... we'll have to make you do it with an extra 25lbs on your back!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!! so did you carry your stuff "like a football" from athens? - you never mentioned that you bought a new rack...

sounds like you had an awesome time and looking forward to the top ten list.

-shige

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh! You go to fast - I skip a couple days of reading the blog and it's over! Congratulations, dude.

Mike

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian,

You da man! What an awesome accomplishment! Thoroughly enjoyed reading the blog and following your journey.

It was great to see you in Austin. Thanks for passing through. Let us know what your next adventure is.

Jaime

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Bryan! What a once in a lifetime trip! How exciting!

Trish and Chris

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bry:

Let me add my congratulations to all those on this page. Your journey has definitely inspired a lot of people, Mark and I included. I look forward to seeing you in Birmingham--be sure to bring photos!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bry-man! What an awesome adventure. Just sad your journey didnt bring you through Boulder (next time, ok) Looking forward to the wrap up journal entry. Mallory says way to go!
Daniel and Michelle

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! Congrats! I can't wait to see the stats. Will it include your Polar heart rate-velocity-altitude output for the entire trip?

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I too blinked and before I knew it you are done. What a great time. The Destin pictures were beautiful and hope you enjoyed a few sunny R&R days in charleston.

Alpa

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! Bry. You must feel like those early pioneers who had to get from coast to coast on their own steam and finally saw the opposite ocean. Truly amazing! Hope you'll be able to take some well deserved rest and slow those legs down for a few days. I can imagine that that may not be so easy, after all the energy you've had to keep up these many days. Congrats on a job well done.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bry,

Congrats of the highest order!!!

I was glad to have you stay here along your journey, but everyone in the greater Mt. Vernon area (metropolis that it is) either doesn't believe it or asks if you are "touched."

Thanks again for sharing this experience so fully with all of us who spent hours sitting on our rears following you pedal yours off!

Steve Worth

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bry,

Congrats of the highest order!!!

I was glad to have you stay here along your journey, but everyone in the greater Mt. Vernon area (metropolis that it is) either doesn't believe it or asks if you are "touched."

Thanks again for sharing this experience so fully with all of us who spent hours sitting on our rears following you pedal yours off!

Steve Worth

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kenny J Lowry said...

DUDE ... Woo hoo!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a job well done. Thanks for letting us enjoy your journey through your blog, internet, and phone. It was awesome.
Thanks for allowing us to share the last two days with you in person. It was fun while impressive. It's amazing how much planning and preparation go into making the trip a success.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home