athens, ga
I made it to athens, via the a2a route in reverse. Another great day for a ride. It's springtime here in the southeast and it's awesome. Athens is a cool town. I'm glad it made the tour.
At this point, the trip has become surreal. Now that i'm seeing familiar sights, faces, and riding familiar roads, i have to remind myself i biked here from california.
You're not going to believe this, but my bike rack broke again. 20 miles outside of athens. Same as before, sheared off at the clamp. Man, this one didn't last nearly as long as the last one. Piece of crap.


7 Comments:
I will miss your diary, Bryan. You'll have to keep it up, even after your great country tour!!!!Give us an idea as to when you plan to reach the coast. Wish I were there to witness it and greet you. Again, thank you so much for going so far out of the way to come see me......huh-I mean us! HA!
Love you, Aunt Jeannie
dude - i'm telling you - i think you got more stuff hangin off the rack... :-) or maybe it's the extra hair weight..
-shige
I agree with Shige -- too much added weight. Maybe hair, but the body is a lean mean working machine.
Think I'll start biking to work everyday.
Just leave the stuff -- only two more days.
Why the big worry over the bike rack problem? Doesn't UGA School of Engineering have a comprehensive duct tape program?
Hi Bryan,
I just recently learned of your trip. Great blog - sounds like quite an adventure. You should have let us know you were doing reverse A2A - we might of been able to get some skaters to try to chase you on the route (if you still had the stomach bug that is). When you get back to Atlanta and have had time to rest (and apply salve to any necessary areas), be sure to come out to a night skate and let us know more details about your trip.
-greg
Dude, all you need is a rack with vertical supports. A cheapo bike rack from a department or Ace Hardware type store will do. A bit of tape or rubber between contact points will protect the paint and help lock the screws/nuts/bolts. To reduce a little weight and rattling simply remove the built in spring clamp that many racks have. Voilá!
Please, give us an idea as to when you expect to reach the coast. I'd love to try and be there! Peace.
Kenny J Lowry
404 784 2722
Maybe the REI guy was right about the rack! :)
Mike
Post a Comment
<< Home